Thursday, July 21, 2005

ANCESTRAL ROOTS


I am proud to be able to say that I am able to trace my roots back to the original Acadian settlers of early Acadie. All individuals of Acadian and Cajun descent will find themselves able to retrace their roots back to this same earliest group of hardy men and women who were willing to brave a new world for themselves and their families.

I, myself, am a direct descendant of Germain Doucet, also known as Sieur de LaVerdure. As a current and upstanding member of Les Doucet du Monde, it is my hope that we will grow in phenomenal numbers as we rediscover long-lost cousins.

Old genealogists never die; they just haunt cemeteries and lose their census. Guess this about sums up my current hobby.

As a Special Education teacher I know how important documentation is. Combine this with my insatiable passion for history and you end up with an obsessive amateur genealogist.

My husband has coined a name for me that fits exceedingly well; namely, Web Ghoul.

I more than live up to the title!